Scribe is unavailable in landscape mode. Please turn to portrait mode to play Scribe. Thank you.
Get at least
Accuracy too low
First Mistake in Each Word
Accent Hints Used
Capitalization Hints Used
Slow Play Used
Inserted Out of Order
Using hints Had mistakes Required replays Delayed response Using slow play Using translation
Sorry, our response data doesn't go that far back. Our bad.
ERROR: No attempt exists
|Penalty type||Penalty||# of times||Challenge|
Word Level Accuracy Data
- Using translation, type in the original Chinese caption from the video.
- Easier if you have previously watched the video.
- You must enter everything correctly before moving on
- You will get feedback as you type:
- an unattempted word
- a correct letter
- an accent is missing or incorrect
- incorrect capitalization
- an incorrect letter
- __ or __
- missing letters
For help with any unattempted word or incorrect letter, click on it
- Type Enter/Return to continue to next section when you see the CAPTION REPORT after you have completed typing the caption.
- If your are stuck, the grey arrow button will completely finish the translation for you automatically.
- Reveal Translation After Completion
- Sound Effects
- Auto Correct Accent
- Color For Wrong Accent
Dictation is a valuable language learning device that has been used for centuries. Although linguists have not completely understood how it facilitates language acquisition--it would be extremely difficult to isolate the language competencies that are employed--many have attested to its pedagogical value. One of the 20th century's most influential linguists, Leonard Bloomfield (1942), strongly endorsed the use of dictation as a learning device. Today, many methodologists are at least inclined to agree with Finocchiaro's (1969) summary of its value: "[Dictation] ensures attentive listening; it trains pupils to distinguish sounds; it helps fix concepts of punctuation; it enables pupils to learn to transfer oral sounds to written symbols; it helps to develop aural comprehension; and it assists in self-evaluation."
Welcome to Yabla Scribe.
We look forward to your feedback!